Packet Filter is OpenBSD's system for filtering TCP/IP traffic and doing Network Address Translation. PF is also capable of normalizing and conditioning TCP/IP traffic and providing bandwidth control and packet prioritization.
PF has been a part of the GENERIC OpenBSD kernel since OpenBSD 3.0, and has since been ported to FreeBSD 5 and up as well as NetBSD.
This wiki was created with the intent to share the knowledge of irc.freenode.net's #pf and what it's members have collected/contributed of their wisdom.
- Official Manuals and Man Pages
- User Docs Diagrams, User-written manuals and procedures
- Articles 3rd party articles on PF
- PF Changelog Changes in features and syntax for each version released
- OS Tuning Tuning of the OS to improve performance with PF
ALTQ: Traffic Shaping
- HFSC when low-latency or throughput guarantees are needed
- CBQ when you do not have concerns over guaranteed latency or throughput
- PRIQ packet order prioritization only